The Joints Co. Multi Collagen Type I,II,III,V & X Protein Powder with MSM,Vitamin C & 19 amino acids - Supports Joints,Bones, Skin and Nails 200 gm
- MULTI-COLLAGEN FORMULA: In order to provide the highest quality collagen available, our collagen is formulated from multiple and finest sources. Together these sources create a synergistic blend which provides five different types of collagen, types I, II, III, V and X. Carefully crafted and lovingly perfected, our multi-collagen protein is optimised for maximum potency and results.
- COLLAGEN PEPTIDES TO SUPPORT JOINTS: Collagen diminishes with age. Our Multi Collagen helps replenish this vital joint protein, reduce inflammation and revitalize skin, hair, nails, tendons and ligaments.
- HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN PROTEIN: Collagen is the main component of healthy joint cartilage, which acts as a cushion between bones. Our hydrolyzed formula is highly bioavailable which means it is easily and rapidly absorbed in the body.
- HEALTHY JOINT, BONE & CARTILAGE: A daily dose of this supplement counters your body's natural loss of collagen. Biotin,MSM & Vitamin C are extra additions for extra mobility and joint support
- FRESHNESS, POTENCY, AND PURITY GUARANTEED: Like all of The Joints Co products, Our Collagen Powder is made in ISO & GMP Certified facility & 3rd party tested for freshness, potency, and purity.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the body. Think of it as the “glue” that holds your body together. It’s the structural component that makes up connective tissues, like tendons and cartilage and it plays an important role in our bones, hair, skin and nails, our joints and even the gut . Needless to say, it’s a pretty important part of the body!
Since collagen is a protein, it is made up of amino acids, with the majority coming from proline and glycine. Our bodies can make these amino acids, so they are considered non-essential.
As we age, collagen in the body begins to deteriorate and production slows. This process starts in the late 20s early 30s and is most noticeable in our skin as fine lines and wrinkles. As we produce less collagen, other noticeable issues include brittle hair and nails, digestion issues, more pronounced cellulite and joint pain.
What is Multi Collagen? What is so special about them?
There are 28 different types of collagen found in different parts of the body. The different amino acid makeup of each type of collagen depends on the type of structure it’s apart of (joint cartilage vs. gut lining). However, there are five main types of collagen, three of which (Type I, Type II ,Type III,Type V & Type X) are popular in supplements on the market.
Type I – this is the most abundant type of collagen (about 90%) and found in almost every tissue of your body. This includes tendons, skin, bones, cartilage and connective tissues.
Type II – found mostly in cartilage.
Type III – often found alongside Type I collagen, as well as in muscles, organs, arteries and some connective tissues in the liver, spleen and more
Type V & X – Though the first three types of collagen are the most abundant in the body and the most commonly found in supplements, some of the lesser-seen types—notably types V and X—are also important for key body functions. Type V collagen helps form cell membranes and the tissue in women’s placentas, while type X plays a crucial role in bone formation. Type V collagen is usually sourced from the membranes of eggshells, Type X is made from chicken and bovine sources.
Why should one opt for Multi Collagen supplement?
Multi Collagen Supplements offers various benefits Vs Normal Collagen Supplements.
Skin – various forms and dosages of collagen have been studies that show improvements in skin elasticity, keeping skin looking younger and preventing against the signs of aging by keeping skin firm and hydrated. Research also shows that this can increase the smoothness and help reduce the appearance of cellulite.
Hair and Nails – as collagen production slows, hair and nails can become brittle and weak. Collagen can help hydrate your hair and nails, helping them grow faster and thicker.
Bone and Joint Health – Collagen has been shown to can help reduce inflammation. This can be extremely beneficial for those with Rheumatoid Arthritis, Osteoporosis or another inflammatory disorders. Collagen also helps in preventing the breakdown of joints, especially in individuals osteoarthritis. Another study found that athletes given the collagen supplement had less joint pain than those that did not receive the supplement
Gut Lining – Numerous studies have shown that those with inflammatory bowel diseases have less collagen in the lining of their intestines . Collagen is 30% glycine. Glycine is shown to help repair leaky-gut, a condition where the lining of the small intestine becomes damaged, causing undigested food particles, waste products and bacteria to “leak” through the intestines into the bloodstream . Collagen can helps restore the lining of the stomach and intestines and improves nutrient absorption
Muscle gain and satiety
– Protein is an important part of the diet and out of all the macronutrients provides the most satiety – meaning it keeps you full longer. Adding collagen can also help with muscle gain when combined with strength training by providing necessary amino acids for muscle growth and recovery following exercise.
Is there any fact that I should know about, prior to taking this supplement?
The Joints Co Multi Collagen is a carefully formulated dietary supplement. As a general precaution; if you are pregnant, nursing, under 18 or on prescription medicines, please consult your healthcare professional before use. It does not promise miraculous results. However, it supports your healthy diet. The product should be stored in a cool, dry place. Close the cap tightly after each use.
What is the dosage to be taken for The Joints Co Multi Collagen?
The recommended serving size is about 10 g of collagen peptides (about 1 scoop)a day. This ensures a good amount of protein and collagen. Remember more isn’t always better.
What is unique about The Joints Co Multi Collagen?
Can I tell if my body’s collagen level is decreasing?
Collagen can’t be measured — for instance, in a blood test — but there are signs that your collagen level is decreasing. These signs and symptoms include:
How long does it take for Collagen to work?
- Skin that's wrinkled, crepey or sagging.
- Hallowing in and around your eyes and face.
- Shrinking, weakening muscles and muscle aches.
- Stiffer, less flexible tendons and ligaments.
- Joint pain or osteoarthritis due to worn cartilage.
- Loss of mobility due to joint damage or stiffness.
- Gastrointestinal problems due to thinning of the lining of your digestive tract.
- Problems with blood flow.
The time frame for expecting results from your collagen supplements is entirely dependent on your desired outcome and health support focus area.* “Results” means something entirely different for the bones than it does for the gut or skin.
So having said that, here’s a mini overview of the amount of time clinical research suggests it takes to see benefits.*
- Skin support benefits: 4 to 12 weeks (1 to 3 months)
- Muscle mass and strength (combined with resistance training): 3 months
- Less soreness after physical training: within a few days
- Joint health support: 4 to 6 months
- Tendon support (combined with strengthening exercise): 3 to 6 months
- Bone-density support: 12 months
- Hair & Nails: 6 months